News and Events
Residency Policies & Procedures
VI. COMPETENCY AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS: PROCEDURES
FOR ADDRESSING PERFORMANCE DISAGREEMENTS
EVALUATION OF RESIDENT PERFORMANCE ON CLINICAL
A. Required Inpatient Rotations; Required Outpatient Rotations; Consultation-Liaison
Rotations; ATC Rotation
- The Residency Training Office will send out evaluation forms (Appendix
H) the first week of September, December, March, and June.
- Residents will be evaluated and will evaluate the rotation.
- The Attending will fill out the “Attending Report”. Attendings
are encouraged to discuss their evaluations with the Resident during
supervision. The resident will receive a copy of the Attending’s
evaluation. Evaluations may be written or typed without using
the program’s evaluation forms as long as the evaluation includes Resident/Attending/rotation’s
strengths and weaknesses and whether expectations and goals and objectives
- Goals and objectives for the rotation should be considered in filling
- The Residency Training Office will:
The Residency Training Office will send out a reminder to discuss
overall performance with the Resident, to each preceptor in May and
- file the Resident’s report on the rotation (to be used for planning,
promotions, etc.), collate reports from different Residents, and send
collated confidential evaluations to each attending every 6 months.
- send a copy of the attending report to the Resident’s preceptor.
B. Child Rotations
CHMC will maintain its own evaluation system and send copies
to the Residency Training Office.
©1998 - 2013, Psychiatry Residency Training Program.
All rights reserved.
Psychiatry Residency Training Program
1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356560
Seattle, WA 98195-6560