News and Events
Residency Policies & Procedures
X. GENERAL PROGRAM POLICIES
In addition to vacation time, Residents shall be allowed time
off to attend educational meetings at the discretion of the head of the
clinical service at their assigned hospital or clinic, and the Department
Chair (see Housestaff Policy Agreement, Appendix Q).
- A Resident who plans to attend a conference or seminar will contact
the Chiefs of all clinical services at which s/he will be working at
the time of the conference or seminar, and request written approval
for an educational leave.
- The educational leave is only for the duration of the conference.
Additional time will be calculated as vacation time.
- The Chiefs of the clinical services will make a positive effort to
support and encourage educational leave.
- The Chiefs of the clinics or hospitals can determine that, at any
given time, only a limited number of Residents can be granted educational
leave. The Chiefs can grant leave on a first-come, first-serve
basis, or organize a fair selection procedure.
- Residents must submit a written request for educational leave, together
with proof of approval of the clinic or hospital Chiefs, to the Residency
office. Residents must use the leave request form (Appendix M).
- The Residency office will request approval from the Chair, take the
necessary administrative steps, and notify the Resident as soon as final
approval has been granted. (The form in Appendix M will be returned
to the Resident with the Chairís final approval or disapproval noted.)
- Residents are advised not to pay registration fees before final approval
has been granted.
- Residents who feel that their request for educational leave has been
refused by the Service Chiefs in an arbitrary manner or without good
reason, should contact the Residency Training Director, who will attempt
to mediate or will refer the issue to the Chair for determination
©1998 - 2013, Psychiatry Residency Training Program.
All rights reserved.
Psychiatry Residency Training Program
1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356560
Seattle, WA 98195-6560