News and Events
Residency Policies & Procedures
X. GENERAL PROGRAM POLICIES
PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL TIME COMMITMENTS: MOONLIGHTING
- Residents must seek prospective approval of all outside professional
activities from the program director prior by submitting a Resident/Fellow
Request for Approval of Outside Professional Activities form for
- Residents are expected to spend all of the time of the regular training
work week in training-sponsored activities, and to fulfill all training
assignments, and on-call obligations. Residents are also expected
to spend a reasonable amount of non-training time on outside reading,
and continued medical education.
- The total aggregate work hours for residents, including both their
activities as part of an accredited residency program and outside professional
activities, must not exceed 80 hours per week, when averaged over four
weeks. Outside professional activities shall not exceed on average one
day per week averaged over 13 weeks..
- Residents must report to the Residency Office, on a monthly basis,
dates and hours spent moonlighting..
- Residents are hereby advised that the University provides neither
liability coverage, supervision, nor consultation for clinical activities
outside the assigned training programs.
- By state law [RCW 18.71.095(3)], Residents possessing only limited
licenses are prohibited from moonlighting.
- Residents may not moonlight at UWMC, SCCA, HMC, or the clinics associated
with these institutions.
- PGY-1 Residents are not eligible to moonlight.
©1998 - 2013, Psychiatry Residency Training Program.
All rights reserved.
Psychiatry Residency Training Program
1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356560
Seattle, WA 98195-6560