REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE PSYCHOTHERAPY PATHWAY
Minimal requirement for participation:
- Identify a pathway mentor with whom you will meet (in person, via Skype, via phone or email) on a regular basis: weekly, monthly, or quarterly-- to talk about your progress in developing psychotherapy skills.
- Verify contact with your mentor by having your mentor sign off on the Mentoring Agreement and ongoing Mentoring Progress Forms.
- Discuss training opportunities (readings, online and live workshops, conferences, etc), and/or work on a scholarly project (see section on "graduation with Distinction" for examples of scholarly projects).
Requirements for Recognition as Graduating with a Psychotherapy Pathway Area of Distinction at Residency Graduation:
Meet the Minimal Requirements for Participation, plus at least one of the following types of scholarly projects leading to a scholarly product related to the practice of psychotherapy:
- A paper substantially in preparation, submitted, or accepted for publication in a professional journal or book; or a presentation at a regional, national, or international professional conference.
- Giving a talk to other residents or medical students, with supporting material (e.g., slide handouts, reading recommendations, outlines, etc).
- Completion of an external training program leading to additional certification (e.g., SPSI) or meets regularly outside of standard psychiatry residency requirements (e.g., weekly ACT meetings in the community).
- Preparation of a substantial online or print curriculum or annotated bibliography that furthers the training of others in the practice of psychotherapy.
Barbara S. McCann, Ph.D.
MItch R. Levy, M.D.
Rebecca Engelberg, M.D.
©1998 - 2015, Psychiatry Residency Training Program.
All rights reserved.
Psychiatry Residency Training Program
1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356560
Seattle, WA 98195-6560