Call Schedule
Career Pathways

Clinical Tools
My Residency
News and Events
Staff Resources
Teaching Resources

Training Sites
Useful Links

















Psychiatry Residency Training Program
  Applicants Department GME Office Home School of Medicine UW UWHA

Frequently Asked Questions
A horizontal line.

Please let us know if you wish to add more information on this page.


Q: What benefits will I receive?
A: Medical, Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability, Retirement, and so forth. The University and Residents will share the costs of the insurance premiums. More information is available on the Benefits website.

Q: When will my insurance take effect?
A: Health insurance starts on the 1st of every month, thus for residents starting on 6/25 and 7/1, your medical and dental insurance will begin on July 1st.


Q: What is the minimun didactics attendance requirement?
A: Residents must attend 70% of didactics.

Q: What is the didactics attendance incentive?
A: Every 6-months, residents can receive an additional education allowance of $75 for meeting or exceeding the didactics attendance requirement.

Education Fund

Q: How do I check my available balance and track my Education Funds account?
A: Go to My Residency and log in to Education Funds, and click on your name.

Q: What do I need to provide to get reimbursed from my Education Fund?
A: Submit original itemized receipt with your name on it to Charisa.

Q: What purchases qualify for reimbursement?
A: Psychiatry Education Related Books, Journal Subscriptions, Memberships dues, Medical Licensing Fees, and Exam Fees.

Q: When will I get my check?
A: You should expect a check a week after submitting your request. Purchases of $300 and above will take more than a week.

Evaluation and Forms

Q: I can't log in to MedHub, please help!
A: You may also log in with your UW Net ID or select "Forgot my password" link and follow the prompts. You should receive a password change e-mail within 5 minutes. If you need further assistance, please contact Charisa.

Q: I did not receive an evaluation from or for an attending/supervisor who I worked with.
A: Please send an e-mail to Charisa with the correct attending/supervisor assignment info.

Q: I did not work with this attending/supervisor, why do I keep getting the reminders?
A: Simply select the "no contact" option and provide the correct attending/supervisor info in the space provided.

Q: Where can I get a blank log summary form?
A: You may print the log summary form online or pick up a copy in the Residency Office. Please submit Log Summary forms to Charisa quarterly.

Q: Who can evaluate me for the 360 degree evaluation form?
A: You may select a staff member of your choice (i.e. RN, SW, PA, clinic staff member)

Leave of Absence (vacation, sick, education, etc.)

Q: What do I do if I am taking a sick day?
A: Contact your attending, chief resident, and service, and notify Athena via e-mail as soon as possible.

Q: How do I request leave?
A: Please obtain prior approval from your attending(s) and chief resident, and submit the request to Athena either via e-mail or leave request form at least 90-days in advance. Educational leave and extended leave of absence MUST be approved by the training director.

Liability Insurance

Q: How do I request a Professional Liability/Malpractice Coverage Certificate?
A: You may print out a general Certificate by visiting the Office of Risk Management Website. For a personalized certificate, please call (206) 543-3659.


Q: What is the status of my medical license application or renewal?
A: Call licensing office at one of these numbers: last names end in A-L: (360) 236-4785; last names end in M-Z: (360) 236-4784

Q: How long does it take to process my application?
A: Medical license processing typically takes 6-8 weeks. DEA license may take up to 3 weeks.

On-Call Meal Reimbursement

Q: How much are we reimbursed for each night of call at HMC?
A: $7.50 for 12-hour weeknight call (excluding nightfloat); $22 for 24-hour weekend call

Q: When does the credit apply to our Husky Card?
A: Credit to your account typically posts 2 weeks after the end of the previous month.

Q: Do I have to do anything to get reimbursed?
A: Not a thing, except to be on-call and notify any call switches to Athena.


Q: My pager isn't working/lost/stolen, what do I do?
A: Please replace your pager with the Telecom office in room NE-165 on the 1st floor of the UW medical center during regular office hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm. If your pager is broken, please bring the broken unit with you. If your pager is lost, please be sure to provide your pager number. A $69 replacement fee will be deducted from your education funds. Typically, a switch-out takes less than 3 minutes and you can expect a test page from USA Mobility within 15 minutes. Refer to the Pager Help Desk, 206-616-1002 for questions about USA mobility pagers.


Q: When do I get paid?
A: Paychecks are distributed on the 10th and 25th of every month. The paycheck on the 10th covers the period of 16 to 30/31. The paycheck on 25th covers the period of 1-15.


Q: Where can I obtain a TB/PPD skin test?
A: Please visit an Employee Health Office at any of these sites: HMC, UWMC, SVAMC, and CHRMC.

Q: Who can provide a reading?
A: After 72 Hours, you may return to any Employee Health office for a reading, or ask one of your colleagues! Results should be reported to the Employee Health office.


SOM Seal

©1998 - 2015, Psychiatry Residency Training Program. All rights reserved.

Psychiatry Residency Training Program
1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356560
Seattle, WA 98195-6560